IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Seasonal Laboratory Technician position at its facility in Yuma, AZ.
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
• A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred but not required)
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivation skills
• Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Laboratory Technician duties include: analysis of food samples for pathogens via PCR and immunoassay, various microbe enumerations, data entry, laboratory reporting, quality control, sample preparation, inventory, and other laboratory duties.
This is a seasonal position that will last for 6 months. Evening shift and night shift positions are available. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by CDC guidelines) for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#6318ea64cb76194ecb130957
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: