IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Sample Prep Technician position at its facility in Modesto, CA.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
• A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
• Some laboratory experience (preferred)
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs above waist level
• Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
Sample Prep Technicians are responsible for preparation and QC of various medias, maintenance of documentation, sample preparation, inventory, and other duties as assigned.
The pay for this position is $18.33 hourly. This is a full-time position and is eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
This position operates from 9:30am to 6:00pm on a rotating shift basis. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work some weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
In order to complete the application process, you may apply via our online portal: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#65aecb53cb76193d425affe4
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: