Institute for Environmental Health, Inc.
IEH Laboratories, a leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Automation Assembly Engineer position at its facility in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate must be an Mechanical Engineer with experience in prototype engineering of scientific equipment and laboratory automation.
Ideal candidates will also have the following:
• A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (required)
• Hands-on rapid prototyping, automation and robotics assembly experience (required)
• Electrical and pneumatics wiring experience (required)
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Solid (better than proficient) experience in 3D modeling
• Product design experience (preferred)
• PLC programming experience in Codesys (preferred)
• Ability to take on a project from concept to production
• Willingness to learn and work in a team environment
Automation Assembly Engineer duties include: Assembling laboratory automations, performing subassembly and assembly tasks which includes mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, pneumatics wiring, sensor and motor testing.
The pay range for this position is $70,000 – $100,000 yearly. This is a full-time position eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#63ffee86cb761927ffa6df44
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your resume and other documents, such as portfolio, in a combined, single(1) PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: