Are you ready to kick off your career in the analytical chemistry and environmental sciences industry? Do you have a passion for chemistry or environmental science and wish to use your skills to advance excellent science with practical applications? Come join us at Brooks Applied Labs — we have an opening for a Laboratory Technician!
Brooks Applied Labs is an analytical chemistry laboratory, located in Seattle, WA, that specializes in trace metals analysis and speciation to support the environmental and pharmaceutical market sectors. Our employees reflect our core values of creating a nurturing culture, striving for excellence and integrity in the work we produce, and contributing to a collaborative work environment.
As Laboratory Technician, you will be part of the Sample Control team, which is responsible for shepherding client samples from arrival to disposal.
Duties for this role include:
– Ensuring samples are received, prepared, preserved, and stored appropriately according to internal SOPs and approved EPA handling methods
– Documenting and communicating receiving issues with Project Managers
– Preparing and shipping bottle orders and sampling kits for clients
– Calibration of equipment
– Lab maintenance and cleaning
– Preparation of laboratory reagents and solutions
This position is ideal for someone just starting out in their career, with an enthusiasm for learning, who is always willing to bring their best to any task they are given.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
– High School Diploma or equivalent (required); college level studies in the physical sciences (preferred)
– Previous experience in a laboratory setting (preferred)
– Very high level of organization, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to read, understand, and follow SOPs and other written instructions
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to regularly lift 40lbs and stand for periods of up to 8 hours
– Ability to work occasional overtime with little notice
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday (with occasional, regularly-scheduled Saturdays). The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work some weekends. This is a non-exempt (hourly), overtime eligible position.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
Brooks Applied Labs requires requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by CDC guidelines) for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#62e43fd1cb76194ecb30b897
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a single, combined PDF.
It is the policy of BAL not to discriminate in hiring, promoting, subcontracting, or in any other way discriminate against persons based upon gender, religion, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, sensory/mental/physical disability or serious medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical condition, breastfeeding status, citizenship status, military status, or any other classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: