Institute for Environmental Health, Inc.
IEH Laboratories, a leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Laboratory Support position at its facility in Seattle, WA.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
– A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
– Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
– Ability to learn new software
– Ability to learn and work with various lab equipment and understand their operation
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
– Able to regularly lift 30lbs above waist level
– Able to occasionally lift 50lbs above waist level
The Laboratory Support duties may include but are not limited to: media/sample preparation, sample sorting and log-in, supervised specific sample testing steps, transcribing results, data entry, inventory control, washing glassware, general laboratory cleaning, possible courier duties, and other duties as assigned.
The pay range for this position is $19.00 – $20.00 hourly. This is a full-time position eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at:
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: