IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Assistant Laboratory Coordinator position at its facility in Yakima, WA.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
– A BS or BA in the biological sciences or a related field.
– Industrial laboratory experience: 2+ years (preferred)
– Experience with ISO17025 standards (preferred)
– Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
– Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, high throughput environment
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong understanding of food microbiology methods aseptic technique in the laboratory
General responsibilities include assisting the Laboratory Manager perform the following:
– Ensuring all testing methodology is followed accurately
– Effectively managing staff performance, including through one-on-one meetings, evaluations, and training, to maintain 24/7 operations
– Overseeing QA/QC and maintaining compliance with ISO17025 standards
– Training staff in testing methods and maintain ongoing staff competence
– Effectively scheduling staff according to client needs
– Interacting with clients to maintain effective communication and ongoing understanding of client operational needs
– Maintaining communication with corporate departments to ensure all laboratory processes are up-to-date with latest requirements
The pay range for this position is $20.00 – $28.00 hourly. Full-time employees eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#65c66e3acb76193d42b93193
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: