Institute for Environmental Health, Inc.
IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Seasonal Laboratory Technician/Sample Pickup position at its facility in Richland, WA.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
• Ability to regularly lift 30lbs above waist level
• Ability to occasionally lift 50lbs above waist level
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Laboratory Technician/Courier duties include: media/sample preparation, sample sorting and log-in, performing specific sample testing steps (under supervision), transcribing results, data entry, inventory control, washing glassware, general laboratory cleaning, safely transporting samples from customers to the lab on a fixed schedule, and other duties as assigned.
The pay range for this position is $17.50 – $18.00 hourly. This is a full-time position eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#646fb837cb761927ff1556a3
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: