JLA International, Inc., a Leader in Food Safety, is looking for a Sample Prep Technician to work as part of a team preparing samples for laboratory analysis at its facility in Samson, AL.
An associate degree in biological sciences or related field, and/or some laboratory experience, is preferred. High School diploma or GED is required.
The idea candidate will possess the following:
– Basic Math Skills
– Good attitude and willingness to work with others
– Good communication and organization skills
– Ability to follow written directions
– Ability to lift and empty 50lb bags
The job duties include:
– Performing sample preparation according to written procedures;
– Operating certain equipment according to written equipment operation procedures (ex. VCM, Dickens Mill, Romer Mill, Sheller, Divider , blixers, oil press, etc);
– Receiving incoming samples, documenting receipt, and recording and reporting any discrepancies;
– Assisting in sample management through final disposal, following waste disposal procedures;
– General housekeeping of the entire lab work area including trash disposal, sweeping, and mopping floors;
– Maintaining cleanliness and organization of equipment and sample prep area;
– Servicing and providing routine maintenance on laboratory equipment;
– Following safety guidelines and being familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets and Chemical Hygiene Plan;
– Performing sample pick up from customers identified on a defined route and recording receipt of samples.
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work some weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
JLA requires proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at:
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: