IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Media Prep Technician position at its facility in Lawrence, KS.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
– A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
– Basic math skills
– Collaborative attitude and willingness to work with others
– Good communication and organization skills
– Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
– Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs above waist level
– Ability to regularly lift up to 30lbs above waist level
Media Prep Technician duties include: media preparation, sample prep, QC on media, sample sorting and log-in, sample testing steps (supervised), compositing using aseptic technique, transcribing results, washing glassware, general laboratory cleaning, data entry, inventory control, and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The schedule for this position is Sunday to Thursday, from 6:00am to 2:00pm.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies, particularly peanut allergies, are discouraged from applying.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#643ed40ccb761927ffb6de2b
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single(1) PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: