DonLevy Laboratories, part of the IEH Laboratories and Consulting Group, is now accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician position at its facility in Crown Point, IN.
DonLevy Laboratories is an independent, commercial, food testing laboratory dedicated to food safety and committed to quality challenges throughout the supply chain. We perform microbiological and chemistry analyses on environmental, raw material, and finished product samples submitted by food companies industry wide.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
– A high school diploma or GED (required)
– Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of maintenance and repair including HVAC, carpentry, refrigeration, electrical, and plumbing (required)
– Professional experience in facility management or construction technology (preferred)
– A detail-oriented approach in handling all tasks
– Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in day-to-day interactions
– Effective communication skills
– Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
– Ability to regularly lift 30lbs above waist level
The duties and skills required for the Maintenance Technician include: maintaining facility grounds and equipment; performing a variety of carpentry functions; ensuring all plumbing is in working order; installing/replacing electrical wiring and equipment; maintaining equipment (boilers, autoclaves, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems); performing routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair procedures on a scheduled basis; maintaining service and repair records; performing outside custodial duties; and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work some weekends. Some unpredictable scheduling may be necessary for certain projects.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#62c8b7becb76194ecba7aafe
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: