IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for the Laboratory Manager position at its facility in Jerome, ID.
Applicants must possess a BS or BA in the biological sciences or a related field.
Ideal candidates have the following experience and skills:
– Management: 2+ years (Preferred)
– Industrial laboratory: 5+ years (Preferred)
– Experience with ISO17025 standards (Preferred)
– Strong attention to detail
– Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
– Multitasking capability
– Ability to work in a fast paced, high throughput environment
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong understanding of food microbiology methods aseptic technique in the laboratory (Preferred)
General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Oversee QA/QC and maintain compliance with ISO17025 standards
– Train staff in testing methods and maintain ongoing staff competence
– Ensure all testing methodology is followed accurately
– Effectively manage staff performance, including through one-on-one meetings, evaluations, and training.
– Effectively schedule staff according to client needs
– Interact with clients to maintain effective communication and ongoing understanding of client operational needs
– Maintain communication with corporate departments to ensure all laboratory processes are up-to-date with latest
– Maintain an effective management team to oversee 24/7 operations
This is a full-time position in which the employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work some weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate-to-severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
IEH requires employees to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at:
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf