Institute for Environmental Health, Inc.
IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Laboratory Courier/Media Prep Tech position at its facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
• A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate sound judgment in day to day interactions
• Ability to occasionally lift 50lbs above waist level
• Ability to regularly lift 30lbs above waist level
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Laboratory Courier/Media Prep Tech duties include: media preparation, sample sorting and log-in, sample testing steps (under supervision), compositing using aseptic technique, transcribing results, data entry, inventory control, washing glassware, general laboratory cleaning, maintenance of documentation, safely transporting samples from customers to the lab on a fixed schedule, cleaning and maintaining coolers for sample transport, and other duties as assigned.
The schedule for this position is Tuesday to Saturday, from 10:00am to 6:00pm. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#6400fa72cb761927ffb81bfd
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: