JLA International, Inc.
JLA International, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for Laboratory Coordinator at its facility in Jonesboro, AR.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
• A BS or BA in the biological sciences or related field (required)
• 1+ year of experience as a supervisor in a laboratory setting (preferred)
• 3+ years of experience as a laboratory analyst (preferred)
• Customer service experience (preferred)
• Thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and operations
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to regularly lift and manipulate up to 45lb
The Laboratory Coordinator position involves overall supervision of the laboratory. General duties include the following:
• Managing laboratory testing, including but not limited to: (i) analysis on foods, feeds, and grains; (ii) quality control analyses; and (iii) preparation of reagents
• Evaluation and approval of analytical results, including ensuring that work is completed in a timely manner
• Carrying out sample management procedures from receiving through final disposal
• Serving as customer interface and maintaining a positive relationship with customers
• Ensuring that the lab maintains ISO 17025 and USDA accreditations
• Scheduling and staffing, including assisting with interviewing and hiring, training and evaluating laboratory staff, leading weekly meetings, and delegating daily work assignments
• Maintaining laboratory systems and equipment
This is a full-time position and is eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends. Some travel may be required.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
JLA requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at: https://apps.iehlabs.com/applyatieh.html#64401854cb761927ffdc9973
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self-identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: