JLA International, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for Laboratory Coordinator at its facility in Brownfield, TX.
The Laboratory Coordinator, as a member of the JLA team, must operate by the companyÃ¢Â€Â™s Principles and Values in making their contribution to the total effort to further food safety. Honesty, Impartiality, and confidentiality are foundation stones of this service. They are responsible for working with the team in conducting analysis.
– Min. 4 year degree in Science and/or equivalent Laboratory experience
– At least 1 year Supervisory Experience preferred.
– Customer Service experience preferred.
– Good Attitude and willing to work with others
– Good Communication and Organization Skills
– Basic Computer Skills
– Understanding of Laboratory Procedures/Operations and willingness to work in all areas of lab
– Good Management skills Ã¢Â€Â“ focus on overall operation efficiency, customer service and profitability.
– Technical resource
– Some travel may be required.
– Assist lab with sample analysis
– Assist with sample prep
– Able to Lift and Empty 45 Pound Sample Boxes / Bags
1. Perform analysis on foods, feeds and grains submitted by clients using the approved methods according to JLA Current Best Methods and JLA Operating instructions.
2. Responsible for conducting quality control analyses in accordance with the laboratory quality control program.
3. Prepares reagents as needed according to formulations in methods and instructions.
4. Responsible for capturing and recording accurate and complete analytical information on approved forms, worksheets and other appropriate documents.
5. Responsible for following record management guidelines and securing records when in possession.
6. Carries out sample management procedures from receiving through final disposal.
8. Follows proper waste disposal procedures.
9. Utilizes food safety practices; follows Safety guidelines and is familiar with Chemical Hygiene Plan and Material Safety Data Sheets.
Customer Needs and Expectations:
1. Acts as customer interface: maintains a positive relationship with customers.
2. Possesses knowledge of customer specifications, understands when manager or customer must be involved in decisions.
3. Manages computer data entry and results/certificate distribution.
4. Ensures the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all analytical information reported by laboratory.
5. Ensures lab maintains 1SO 17025 and USDA accreditations.
6. Communicates with Customer for site schedule/ needs.
Documentation, Lab Procedures and Training:
1. Trains and continually evaluates performance of laboratory analysts working in the lab.
2. Submits timely Purchase orders for supplies, and maintains inventory at optimal level.
3. Responsible for recording or supervising the recording of quality-related forms (e.g. feedback, deviation, corrective action, preventive action).
4. Verifies adequacy and accuracy of forms and worksheets used in the laboratory.
5. Ensures that employees are trained in record keeping.
6. Serves as deputy quality manager for the site, as needed.
7. Implements environmental control programs in the laboratory.
8. Ensures that equipment maintenance, performance verifications and calibrations are conducted, and records maintained.
9. Responsible for ensuring that quality control program is performed and for reviewing quality control data for acceptability.
10. Reviews analytical findings and supporting documentation generated by the analysts.
11. Performs, analyzes and interprets laboratory analysis.
12. Utilize Food safety practices; follows Safety guidelines and is familiar with Chemical Hygiene Plan and Material Safety Data Sheets.
Scheduling and Staffing:
1. Coordinates and delegates daily work.
2. Maintains crewing at a level to maintain good turn around time while not over-staffing.
3. Posts Weekly Work Schedule.
4. Leads and documents team meetings once a week.
5. Assists with interviewing and hiring as necessary with input from management.
6. Assists with annual performance appraisals.
7. Reviews Net Time entries and Reports weekly for accuracy and efficiency.
8. Tracks PTO Days and other HR documentations and sends to JLA Albany Administration/Corp for filing in timely manner.
– Laboratory Coat
– Chemical resistance gloves
– Safety Glasses
– Respirator Ã¢Â€Â“ available for chemical storage/handling
– Housekeeping: The building should be clean, inside and outside, and appear organized and free of clutter.
Full-time employee will be eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. Candidates must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
JLA requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at:
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“EEO is the Law” Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf