IEH-JL Analytical Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for a Chemistry Supervisor position at its facility in Modesto, CA.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A BS or BA in Chemistry or related field
• 4 years of laboratory experience
• 2 years’ experience as a supervisor
• Customer service experience
• Knowledge of ISO 17025
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to play close attention to details
• Thorough understanding of Laboratory Procedures and Operations
• Familiarity with the analysis of food, water, and animal feed
This position involves overall supervision of the chemistry laboratory. General duties include the following:
• Scheduling and staffing, including assisting with interviewing and hiring, training and evaluating laboratory staff, and delegating work assignments for staff.
• Evaluation and approval of analytical results, including ensuring that work is completed in a timely manner and signing/generating Certificates of Analysis.
• Maintaining laboratory systems and equipment including, laboratory-wide distilled water system, laboratory-wide vacuum system, various light mechanical and electrical repairs, laboratory balances, refrigerator and freezer temperatures, and grinding room and sample preparation equipment.
• Supervising the Subcontracting Department.
• Supervising Internal Audits and SOP reviews and revisions.
• Overseeing Corrective Actions and Root Cause analysis, as well as audit preparation and response
• Managing a wide variety of tests, including but not limited to, (i) Ion Chromatography, BOD, COD, TDS, TSS, TKN, Ammonia, Oil and Grease and Alkalinity on water samples, (ii) Crude Fiber, Protein, NDF, ADF, Near Infra Red Analysis, Moisture and Fat on animal feed samples, and (iii) Peroxide Value, Free Fatty Acid, Water Activity, Moisture, Protein, Salt and Fat on food samples.
The pay range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000 annually, based on education and experience. This is a full-time position eligible for the following benefits after a brief waiting period: medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, 401(k), health and dependent care FSA plans, employee assistance program, 15 days of paid time off per year for sick leave and/or vacation, 3 days paid bereavement leave, and 6 paid holidays per year.
The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.
IEH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 must be provided prior to or at the time of hire.
To apply for this position please access the company’s job posting at:
After navigating to the URL listed above, you will be asked to complete optional self identification surveys and submit your cover letter, resume and references in a combined, single PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
“Know Your Rights” Poster: