It has long been recognized that meat palatability is the largest driver of consumer satisfaction. Beef’s most important palatability attribute is tenderness. Proper labeling of beef to convey its palatability information has great value to consumers.
Scientific studies have repeatedly indicated consumers are willing to pay a premium if a processor can guarantee the palatability of the product. At IEH we have assembled a team of experts with over 100 years of combined experience in the field of meat tenderness and palatability.
Our team is ready to assist you in developing, implementing and delivering value added, palatability assured and satisfaction guaranteed products to your customer.
Our capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the analysis of the current palatability management system employed in your process
- Perform benchmarking analyses to determine your product(s) current palatability rating
- Warner-Bratzler Shear Force
- Slice Shear Force
- Trained Sensory Panel Analysis
- Consumer Taste Panels
- Identify opportunities for system improvement and enhancement
- Establish relationships with vendors who have off-the-shelf technologies that can support and/or verify the system
- Perform the validation studies to support the system
- Assist with development of customer communication materials that will enhance your ability to capture the added value of your products
- Support your labeling efforts and assist with regulatory compliance documents and justifications